Athlete of the Week: Danielle Heidman

Girls’ softball player named Athlete of the Week

Danielle+Heidman%0A
Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the Week: Danielle Heidman

Danielle Heidman

Danielle Heidman

Danielle Heidman

Danielle Heidman

Oak Park girls’ varsity softball player and sophomore Danielle Heidman is the Athlete of the Week for the week of Feb. 25.

Heidman began playing softball when she was 7-years-old, and played for the Firecrackers 16u Trapse/Redmond team, as well as on the Oak Park High School varsity team for two years.

“The [Firecrackers 16u Trapse/Redmond] team is managed by Redmond, but coached by Glenn Trapse, who has been my coach since I was seven, and we won a national championship together,” Heidman said. “When I was growing up, I played for Thousand Oaks girls’ softball, and I play center field.”

While Heidman believes there are certain advantages of club softball, she prefers playing at school, where she was recognized.

“Club is more competitive, but at school it’s more personal,” Heidman said. “I was out for most of the season last year, so I couldn’t win anything but the league gave me honorable mention.”

Heidman was awarded Athlete of the Week because of her performance on the Feb. 19 game against Victor Valley.

“Danielle went 1-3 with a Double, Sac, and 4 RBIs to lead the Eagles to its first win of the season,” softball coach Mike Best said.

According to Heidman, if you love what you do, you will be successful.

“Play the sport you love, and work hard. [I’m athlete of the week because] I work hard and love playing,” Heidman said.

About the Writer
Jay Dugar, Public Relations and Online Advertising Manager

Jay Dugar is a sophomore at Oak Park High School. He is currently the 2018-19 Public Relations and Online Advertising Manager.