Senior Spotlight: Giselle Langley

Senior Giselle Langley represents her class in any way she can (Tushar Jois/Talon).

Senior Spotlight is a column written by the editor-in-chief, Tushar Jois, that attempts to capture the essence of the Class of 2015 through focused interviews with specific individuals from different backgrounds.

Giselle Langley is known as one of the most, if not the most, spirited members of the senior class.

“I came from a really spirited middle school and it just carried in to high school,” Langley said.

This spirited middle school was Saint Mel, a private Catholic school in Woodland Hills.

“I thought, you know, I might as well start now.”

Langley sees a definitive change in school spirit since her freshman year.

“No one else really dressed up during freshman year,” Langley said. “But now I go out with friends shopping for outfits.”

On campus, Langley is also a member of the Oak Park girls’ volleyball team.

However, she had her start in volleyball as a member of local club volleyball teams.

“I have completely different experiences with all three years with my club,” Langley said. “It was a different experience because I was used to at school getting all the playing time. This team really showed me I wasn’t best on the team and I had to adapt to sitting on the sideline and playing any position just to get playing time.”

Langley’s school spirit extends beyond her over-the-top outfits for spirit days. She also is involved in Key Club. Unsurprisingly, she serves as district spirit coordinator.

“Our main task was to create cheers, tutus and spirit wear for our fall rally at Six Flags, where all the division clubs come together and have a spirit-off,” Langley said. “I’ve been involved in Key Club since sophomore year, and I’ve been progressively more involved.”

“It’s just a great way to give back with a group of amazing people.”

Langley has a twin brother, Pierce, and a younger brother, James, a sophomore.

She sees the experience of being a twin as a stronger, more heightened relationship with a sibling.

“I mean, he’s very non-outgoing and a little more shy and quiet, but we get along great and it’s really fun experiencing high school with both [brothers], especially seeing how different they are coming from freshman to senior year,” Langley said.