OPHS dance team performs another successful showcase

Oak Park High School’s dance team held its annual showcase in the Pavillion on March 2 at 7 p.m. The team had been rehearsing for the event since the beginning of their season as they incorporated some of their best pieces from throughout the year.

“There’s a lot of preparing, team bonding and dedication preparing for the showcase,” sophomore and junior varsity member Sasha Khazin wrote to the Talon. “We repeated each dance until we got it fully in our minds.”

While it was a lot of work, the end result was very rewarding. 

“My personal favorite part of the showcase is feeling like I get to see the finished product of all my work,” senior Captain Neala Blank wrote to the Talon. “I get to relive all the dances I loved throughout the year and share one last performance with the team! It’s really a great way to feel like we finished the year strong. I also love watching all the student choreography and seeing my fellow teammates shine.”

Pulling from the emotions of each dance, the team wrapped up their year nicely.

“I think the showcase was a huge success,” Blank wrote. “There were a couple of bumps in the road but overall I think our team pulled through and gave a memorable performance to everyone that came to watch.”

Not only was this season one to remember as far as choreography, but behind-the-scenes team camaraderie was as well.

“Dancing for OPHS is an amazing way to build friendships,” Khazin wrote. “While on the dance team you see a togetherness in everyone and great bonding.”

To see what dance does next, check out their website.

“Next year will definitely be full of some more amazing pieces, as well as new team members, and an even more prominent JV team!” Blank wrote. “There are many more surprises to look forward to as the OPDT expands in years to come!”