The seniors are the reigning champions of powerpuff

Back-to-back wins for this year’s graduating class

In the 2024 powerpuff game, the juniors faced off against the seniors as they battled for the title of Oak Park High School powerpuff champions. The game started off with strong lineups from both teams. 

The juniors withheld the seniors’ offense plays with their strong defense in the first quarter of the game. Towards the end of the first quarter, the juniors took the ball from the 30 yard line and ran it all the way to their endzone. As the first quarter timer ran out the juniors led with a score of 6-0. During halftime the seniors knew they had to tighten their defense and attack on offense to win this game. 

“After the 1st quarter, we got to see if they were passing or running the ball and how they were setting up on defense. It was a pretty well matched game, so we had to make some adjustments. We saw they had some holes on the defense and were able to work around that,” senior O-line and D-line player Savannah Mitchell said. 

Approaching the second half of the game, the seniors felt the tension rise as they were significantly down in the game’s score. They worked together to close the gap, making a very close game between the juniors and the seniors. As the seniors finally saw the championship title in sight, they scored one last touchdown, winning the game.

“It was kind of stressful throughout the whole game because the score was always very close, but once we finally scored the game winning touchdown I felt relieved and super excited,” senior  Priscilla Vargas said.