Club spotlight: EcoEagles

The EcoEagles club at Oak Park High School is one of the many ways students can be involved with environmental activism on campus.

The co-president and founding member of the club, junior Sri Anandraj, started the club in her sophomore year in order to show students that anyone can make a difference when it comes to caring for the environment.

“The EcoEagles team strives to spread awareness about everyday activities we can bring into our own lives,” Anandraj said.

Aside from their on-campus activities, the club also hopes to spread their message to younger students at Medea Creek Middle School. They visit the middle school and teach the students about the environment and collecting money through CRV recycling.

“We are currently doing our third CRV recycling drive as a club and we are working to make a blanket for the MyStuff Bag Foundation,” Anandraj said.

The EcoEagles club also did much more in April in honor of Earth Day. They are making many Earth Day posters to advertise their recycling drive, through which they hope to motivate people to recycle more and they often use the funds they collect to expand the club for the coming year.

“I believe many of the goals we have for the club have grown and continue to grow as we get more people on board to raise awareness and spread our love of being a good EcoEagle!” Anandraj said.

For those who are interested in getting involved with environmental awareness and action, the EcoEagles club meets in F-2 every other Monday at lunch.