Well-rounded restaurants for wellness

LA restaurants you should experience
Terra Bon

Although famous comfort foods like chili cheese dogs, burgers and milkshakes can be found across Los Angeles, the healthier but delicious options have also paved its path in many restaurants, and for the better. From eating sea moss to buying $20 smoothies for the sake of wellness, knowing which healthy restaurant is the best for you can give you a sense of comfort in all the LA chaos. Not every item on the menus of the restaurants below is going to be completely healthy, but many are. Along with being aware of the numerous diets people partake in, these restaurants are aesthetically pleasing and delicious. 

1. The Butcher’s Daughter: This restaurant is located in Venice and West Hollywood with its name stemming from the founders thought, “If there was an old butcher today, his daughter would probably be a vegetarian.” The Butcher’s Daughter is a plant based restaurant, café, juice bar and “vegetable slaughterhouse.” There is indoor and outdoor seating and a bar along with greenery and floral decorations to give it that “healthy nature” feel. Ranging from fresh pizza out the oven, burgers, chickpea avocado toast to wellness drinks and juices, the wide variety of options can satisfy your cravings. Their margherita pizza, chickpea avocado toast and matcha latte is my Sunday brunch go-to. 
  2. Greenleaf: Also in Venice, this health-focused eatery leans more towards the green side, as you can tell by its name as well as the many dishes that incorporated the color. Greenleaf offers made-to-order salads, wraps and sandwiches,  plus a creative juice bar. Similar to The Butcher’s Daughter, Greenleaf also offers outdoor seating. Popular menu items include the LaLa Bowl, sweet potato fries, chipotle chicken panini, byo Salad and paleo chicken fingers. My favorite, however, is their pesto chicken panini. 
  3. Pedalers Fork: Located in Calabasas, this is a rustic restaurant with an adjacent bike shop. As many bikers blaze through the streets, Pedalers Fork is a popular spot for them to catch a break. It is a local scratch restaurant, genuine bar, 10 Speed Coffee Shop and a boutique bike shop – all looking minimalistic, homey and organized. They serve vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options as well. Some of their items include: avocado toast, eggs benedict, pizza, Strauss grass-fed brisket, salads and my personal favorite, the spicy chicken and waffles along with an iced coffee. Enjoying Pedalers Fork after visiting the Calabasas farmers market sounds like a perfect Sunday to me. 
  4. CAVA: With over 5 locations in Southern California, including a couple in the LA area, CAVA is a casual restaurant and a fan favorite. In my opinion, it is a healthy Mediterranean Chipotle. It is a nutritious and fast restaurant featuring customizable bowls, pitas, which are my favorite, and juices. 

As summer comes to an end, these restaurants are a few last minute things to add to your 2023 bucket list and carry the goodness into 2024. As new nutritional goals are introduced into our lives, our restaurant choices should evolve to fit these goals which benefit our lives. 

View Comments (1)
$288
$1500