veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

Starbucks’ 20th anniversary of their Pumpkin Spice Latte

Sugar, spice, and everything nice
Timeout.com

As the leaves change colors and pumpkins are in full bloom it’s time for a famous drink to appear: the pumpkin spice latte. This year marks the 20th anniversary of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Such a critical birthday means a lot to the Starbucks community.

“Starbucks corp made custom pins that say pumpkin spice latte 20th anniversary on them for all employees to wear.  My store wears it on our hats. The pumpkin spice latte is an absolute classic that I believe deserves a birthday celebration,” Starbucks employee Lucy Cook said. 

The pumpkin spice latte is a potent concoction, serving as the chain’s most popular seasonal drink, selling over 600 million since its introduction. 

“The PSL is definitely one of the most popular commonly ordered items. I make them so much on the job,” Lucy said.

From August through November, their fall-featured drinks will be available in-store, and with the PSL being their most popular drink, it is one every person should have the delight in experiencing. 

“Pumpkin spice is the original, its key, its fabulous. If you have not given it a try, what are you doing?” Lucy said.

The PSL’s fame unleashed what came to be an entire Starbucks fall menu. So, if pumpkin spice lattes are not your taste, it’s a good thing there are more fall drinks: pumpkin cream chai tea latte, pumpkin cream cold brew and apple crisp oat milk shaken espresso. Along with their seasonal drinks, they also serve food to pair them with: baked apple croissant, pumpkin cream cheese muffin and pumpkin pepita loaf. 

“I really like the expanded starbucks fall menu overall, and so do the customers. It is very successful.  The new drink, the pumpkin cream chai, is almost as commonly ordered as the PSL at my store.” Lucy said. 

We reflect on what it signals and symbolizes as we celebrate the Pumpkin Spice Lattes’ 20th birthday. The PSL is more than a delicious espresso drink with a creamy texture and warm spices. It captures the essence of the changing seasons and the embrace of autumn by evoking feelings of nostalgia and warmth. Whether you love or hate the seasonal sensation, you can’t deny its significance. 

Here’s to 20 years of celebration and much more to come!

View Comments (1)
$288
$1500