2024 fashion trend predictions

A look into this year’s possible fashion trends
2024 fashion trend predictions

2024 came in hot with this year’s Golden Globe host, Jo Koy, as he single handedly offended Taylor Swift and reduced Barbie to a film about a plastic doll with big boobs. Koy was unable to hide behind his slick black suit and tie as the audience appeared to be beyond disappointed. Taylor Swift kept her composure in a green Gucci sequin dress and Ryan Gosling’s black Gucci suit only made his blank face even more apparent.With the year only beginning, there is so much more to come with new trends and fashion statements. 

Cheetah Prints

The animal print, “cheetah print,” has repeatedly been in and out of the popular trends. During our caveman days, humans wore animal fur as a form of protection and warmth, but the idea of “cheetah print” became prevalent as a fashion statement in the 1930s when it was seen in films and introduced at a few fashion show. In the 1980s, many people became opposed to furs and animal cruelty; therefore,  the print transformed into more of a faux print. The idea took off again in the 90s when the print covered everything from bags to pants, bikinis and even carpets. Many celebrities took on the look in the 2000s but the print wasn’t seen much after that. As 2024 begins, cheetah print is making its comeback through social media worn by the topit girls.” This trend of prints will leave a fierce mark on the fashion industry once again and has already been seen across the Oak Park High School campus. 

Capri Pants

How short is too short? According to 2024, your pants can cut off just below your knees to be considered pants. The classic capri pants, popular in the early 2000s, is fighting its way into the new year. Despite what many may think, the capri pants are not limited to OPHS’s millennial teachers. This year the pants take a different spin, being paired with a simple ballet flat and a vintage baby tee.

Knee High Boots

Why shouldn’t a boot come right to your knee? The knee high boots had a spike in popularity during 2023 and are crawling their way into 2024. The boots look best with a mini skirt and a sock that slightly peeks out from the top of the boot. With cold winter winds hitting every student on our outdoor campus, tall boots have never sounded like a better option.

Small round glasses 

Glasses have never been limited to those who can’t see the board from the back of the classroom and this year, small round glasses are in. Most popularly seen being worn by model Bella Hadid, the faux glasses look gives off a poise and a very clean aesthetic. 

Flats

Ballet Flats, a timeless and comfortable shoe, are back and better. This classic shoe is extremely convenient because of its slip-on and slip-off function and adds a sophisticated look to any outfit. The flats look best if worn with baggy jeans or a flowy midi skirt.