Boys lacrosse team season recap

OPHS varsity and JV teams finish off an incredible season

Oak Park High School’s varsity and junior varsity boys lacrosse teams fought some incredible battles over the 2023-2024 school year, giving them a final record of 11-7 for varsity and 4-5 for JV. 

OPHS varsity team huddles in preparation for the start of the game.

OPHS varsity boys lacrosse beat ThunderRidge on Mar. 18, finishing 12-8.

“[The game] was very exciting, it was a good rivalry,” sophomore varsity player Riley Hand said.

The varsity team had an incredible comeback in the second half of their season, earning their final record after losing the first seven games.

The JV players also gave every game their all, resulting in some incredible scores from all-star players Julian Allen, Devin Wolff and Aren Abramyan.

80-90% of the JV team had never stepped foot in a game when they faced Newbury Park on Feb. 27. Their teamwork and performance demonstrated immense potential for the rest of the season, and they rose to the occasion as they played the final games.

JV Co-Captain Matthew Megrish waves to the camera.

“This game was rich in physicality and effort,” JV Co-Captain Wolff said. “I’m extremely proud of the team.”

There were also some incredible assists from JV players Sam Licht and Idrees Khan.

Oak Park and Moorpark JV teams high five one another as the game concludes.

To find more information about their schedule, and roster for the upcoming school year, visit the OPHS Athletics Calendar.