Profile: New Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services

Tammy Herzog joins Oak Park Unified School District

Courtesy of OPUSD

Over the summer, Tammy Herzog was appointed as the new assistant superintendent of educational services at Oak Park Unified School District; Herzog has proven that she’s coming in with focus.

“My main area of focus for this year will be getting to know students, staff and parents so that I can best support the needs of the district,” Herzog said. “I will also work on increasing equity and access to OPUSD programs.” 

With a 32-year background in education, she started working as an instructional aide while attending college at CSU Long Beach. She soon began her teaching career in Long Beach. She has been an administrator at every level of education, from preschool to adult education.

Aside from our green initiatives, made-from-scratch lunches and inclusivity, Herzog says, “Oak Park Unified School District’s academic excellence provided in a Climate of Care were key factors in my decision to apply for this position.”

Superintendent Jeff Davis complimented Herzog’s experience in a June 8 Student Square Post

“Under Tammy’s leadership, MUSD received the 2021-2022 Pivotal Practice Award for proactive prevention, intervention, and enrichment in the areas of academic, social-emotional, and behavioral support,” the StudentSquare post said.

Outside of school, Herzog also enjoys spending time with her family. She and her husband have been married for 29 years and have three sons. Two of her sons recently graduated from college, and her youngest son is a sophomore at Moorpark High School. Herzog also has an identical twin, as well as a younger sister who was adopted from Korea. The family also enjoys animals and fosters kittens often.

Herzog is bringing all her experience and character to Oak Park as the school year gets underway.

In my new role as Assistant Superintendent of Educational Services,” Herzog said in the StudentSquare post. “I look forward to being part of a leadership team that is continuously striving to find new ways for students of all ages to be innovators and find success through access to these opportunities.