veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

OPHS welcomes Chinese teacher Ling Zhu

A positive outlook introduced to the OPHS language department

New Chinese teacher, Ling Zhu, teaches all levels of Chinese from Chinese I to AP Chinese in room H3. Being the new and only Chinese teacher at Oak Park High School, Zhu hopes to make a positive impact on her students, which drives her to continue teaching. 

“Seeing the progress students make is so encouraging, and I love to interact with the young generation,” Zhu said. 

Not only is Chinese her native language, but it’s also something that she loves to teach.

Chinese is an amazing language, which is over 2000 years old,” Zhu said. “I love teaching its uniqueness and its culture.” 

Reflecting specifically on OPHS Students, Zhu admires their dedication to academics and their futures.

“The students are amazing, they are really here to learn and are a very nice young generation,” Zhu said. 

In addition to OPHS students, Zhu has had a promising impression of OPHS staff. 

“The environment is very welcoming and the staff are supportive,” Zhu said. 

Looking toward her future at OPHS, Zhu’s goal is “to expand the Chinese program and promote bilingualism.” 

When she has time to relax, Zhu likes to travel and cook. During the school year, she keeps an optimistic attitude toward Chinese learning, encourages others to join her class and shares culture and kindness.  

“Join the Chinese class, it’s fun and you will learn a lot,” Zhu said.