A guide to the classic halloween costumes you see every year

A how-to guide
Caroline Bi

Halloween is the best time to showcase amazing costumes, intricate makeup designs and crazy wigs. It can be challenging to think of what to wear for a last-minute Halloween party every year, but you don’t need to reinvent the wheel. There are a few timeless staples that never go out of style. Here are a few classic looks that anyone can pull off this Halloween.

No. 1: Black Cat

The black cat is a simple costume that can be assembled in five minutes. Throw on a pair of black pants and a shirt, pick up a pair of furry ears from the dollar store and draw a few black whiskers and a nose with your everyday black eyeliner. If you have time to prepare, this costume can be taken in the direction of a cat woman for the ladies with leather pants and bling. Fur boots and a fake tail will maintain the traditional look.

No. 2: Witch or Warlock

The witch is a quickly completed look with a long black dress, pointy boots, a black witch hat and your household broom. The warlock can be put together with a fake white beard, a pointy hat, and anything that resembles a wand. If you have a pet cat, this is a perfect photo opportunity.

No. 3: Vampire

Since the release of an all-time classic in 2008, the Twilight Saga, vampire costumes have been extremely popular. To create the high school student vampire look, like Edward Cullen or Bella Swan, you only need a pair of jeans, a white tank top and plastic fangs with fake blood down the corners of your mouth. If you want to take this costume in the direction of the classic Vampire look, the best choice would be a velvet cloak with a high collar, fake blood and teeth and white face paint.

No. 4: Angel and Devil Duo

Need the perfect best friend duo costume? Try taking on the part of the angel and devil duo. This is a cute and quick option for you and your best friend. Throw together a pair of white wings, a white top and bottom, red horns and a red top and bottom.

No. 5: Police Officer

This costume is worn annually by both boys and girls and is best recognized for its classic plastic handcuffs and fake gold police badge. If you are dressing up in a pair, this costume can be worn with an accompanying prisoner in a bright orange jumpsuit.