Recap: The second rally of the year

Commemorating the end of semester one

Oak Park High School held its second rally of the year on Friday, Dec. 1 in the gym. Each year, a select group of students are chosen as representatives for their grades to participate in the games for the rally. When they win games, they win points for their grade, all points being totaled together with their spirit points from Spirit Week. 

Corbin Fuchs, ASB Senior Class President and one of the MCs for this rally, stated that it was a big success.

“I think this rally went pretty good,” Fuchs wrote to the Talon. “We tried some faster-paced games and it seemed like people liked it!”

This year, they chose to play Bubble Soccer, Ball-Pit Scavenger Hunt and Snowball Fight. Ultimately, the senior class took home the win. This caused many to question the integrity of the rallies.

“I think [the rallies] are so rigged because the people who set them up are biased towards seniors,” sophomore Annika Thakur said.  

However, this confusion can be put to rest, as the ASB team ensures that every grade is given an honest shot.    

“I don’t really get why people say rallies are rigged — I don’t think everyone understands that spirit points prior to the rally play a big role in the winner — so like if more people in your grade dress up, then you have an advantage going into the rally,” Fuchs wrote to the Talon. “Also, Ms. Kokiousis, the ASB advisor, is very adamant about making the games fair [and that there is an] equal dispersing of teams now.”