veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

Anais Wenn appointed as next OPUSD superintendent

The Board of Education reviewed 27 applications before coming to a unanimous decision

The Oak Park Unified School District Board of Education announced Anais Wenn as the new superintendent during the Apr. 16, 2024 board meeting. Wenn will work with the Board and OPUSD’s current superintendent, Dr. Jeff Davis, in the coming months to transition into the role for the upcoming school year. 

Wenn is currently the assistant superintendent at La Cañada Unified School District where she has worked for 18 years, and previously worked at Glendale Unified School District for 15 years. She has experience in both the classroom setting and in administrative positions.

“Anais is truly an exceptional leader, educator, administrator, colleague and friend,” LCUSD superintendent Wendy Sinette said in a press release on Parent Square. “She will be an outstanding superintendent.”

Wenn began her career in educational services as a bilingual educator after immigrating to the US from Armenia at 18 years old. Her goal within her job has always been to promote healthy, safe learning environments for both students and staff to encourage achievement.

“It is with great enthusiasm and anticipation that I accept the position of Superintendent at Oak Park Unified School District,” Wenn said in the Parent Square press release. “I am confident that through a collective effort and an unwavering commitment to the success of our students, we will continue to build on the tradition of excellence that defines the Oak Park Unified School District.”