Homecoming Rally begins competition between grades

Class of 2020 takes the win

The homecoming rally for the 2018-19 school year began with a competition between the grades for the most spirited class.

The rally, held on Oct. 5, consisted of multiple games played by students chosen to represent their grade, including a game of musical chairs with members of the homecoming court.

The rallies throughout the Oak Park school year are coordinated and hosted by the Associated Student Body.

“What it comes down to is picking games that we think students would enjoy and have fun with, and we definitely want to encourage school spirit,” senior and ASB Vice President Cade Creason said. “That’s the main goal with the rallies: to create an experience that students will remember.”

According to senior Mikey Demetre, being a senior at the rallies is a fun and different experience. However, the competition aspect of this rally left the senior class defeated, to Demetre’s disappointment.

“[Being a senior] is a different feeling than any other year and the white-out was really sick. I wish we’d won though,” Demetre said.

The junior class of 2020 won the rally games and the most points during spirit week.

“Everyone went crazy when they announced we won and it was great to beat the seniors,” junior Nanda Agastyaraju said.

The next rally will be held Nov. 30.

“We love the enthusiasm all the students have,” Creason said. “It was a lot of fun and I think the students should be excited for what we have in store on Nov. 30.”