Iwanoff dedicates over 2 decades to OPHS

In 2020, she has decided to retire

Through five principals, seven assistant principals and four Associated Student Body advisers, Student Services Bookkeeper Sandy Iwanoff has spent 23 and ½ years at Oak Park High School.

Right out of college, Iwanoff took a job as an accountant and had two “wonderful boys.”At OPHS, Iwanoff’s job entailed managings the ASB books and working the student store. 

“It was a hard decision to retire. I love what I do, but [eight] hours a day was catching up with me. OPHS has been my second family. The warmth of the staff and faculty has been amazing. I will miss everyone,” Iwanoff wrote to the Talon.

Iwanoff joked about looking forward to sleeping in once she retires.

“But seriously, I am looking forward to spending more time with my 4 grandchildren. I plan on attending all their activities. I also want to organize all our family photos. Traveling is going to be fun too,” Iwanoff wrote.

And while Iwanoff is looking forward to her adventures in retirement, she is saddened by not being able to spend the remainder of her last year on campus with the students and staff she’s worked with.

Mr. Peters was the first staff member to show me the ropes, so to speak. He and I have been friends ever since. All the ladies in the office, the college and career center, and my co-worker Debbie Goodnough are like sisters to me,” Iwanoff wrote. “I will miss my daily conversations with all of them. Mrs. Cissell and I have a special bond. She has been a blast to work with. We have planned so many activities for the school together. I will truly miss her.”

Having worked with Iwanoff in previous years, Social Sciences teacher Russ Peters shared the following: “When I was ASB Advisor, Mrs. Iwanoff and I worked very closely together. Over the years, we have continued to work in many different areas,” Peters said. She is truly irreplaceable, and I will miss her greatly.” Though Iwanoff wasn’t able to say goodbye in person, she had the following message for the class of 2020.

“I want to wish the Class of 2020 all the best for their future. For all the other students, know that OPHS is a great school and [an] even more wonderful family,” Iwanoff said.