veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

The girls’ tennis team begins their 23-24 season

Inside what the Eagles have been doing to get ready for this year
 The girls tennis team comes together at one of their first practices following tryouts.
Neel Morey

It’s the beginning of a new era for Oak Park High School’s girls’ tennis team, as they start off the new year in Division I. Tryouts were held on Aug. 1 through Aug. 3 and were a huge success, according to players.

“I think we got a lot of new great players that came to the team and the tryout process went really well,” sophomore Anika Amladi said. 

To prepare for their first game, they have been doing a lot of drills and conditioning. Not to mention, the girls were given time to bond and get to know one another.

“The team camaraderie is excellent,” coach Adam Nielson said. “Everybody on this team became a family.”

Their first game of the year is at OPHS on Aug. 22 at 3 p.m. against Viewpoint. Later in the year, they will compete against Camarillo, their rival, making it one of the must-see games of the year. 

“I’d say [to attend] Camarillo, because I think we’d need the most support for that one,” senior Michelle Teaca said. 

Check out their schedule to learn more.