Varsity Boys’ Beach Volleyball are back-to-back champions

A remarkable season ending in glorious victory
Lauria Gallagher

Ending their season with a huge victory, the Boys’ Beach Volleyball are Marmonte League champions once again. The boys had an almost undefeated season, finishing with an overall record of 15-1. 

“You get a high from winning, that is an otherworldly experience,” senior Chase Brewer said. “You feel on top of the world and forget about everything else besides the victory and also winning back to back gives you a very big Oak Park ego and pride.”

Though victory comes with epic highs, it also comes with unfortunate challenging lows.

“The biggest low for me was injuring my Achilles in the finals,” junior Elie Gorowitz said. “I felt like the season made me learn more about myself, as there were challenges along the way.”

Losing a key player and having to forfeit the game, the boys still showed resilience and great team work to finish the season out strong.

“It feels awesome to be a champion, knowing all the work you put in was worth it,” Gorowitz said. “Nothing will ever bear the feeling of getting your medal and knowing that my hard work paid off.”

In and out of the sand, the players are connected and have built strong friendships. 

“It felt great to win the whole thing, but I had a great time hanging out with all the guys, to me that was the best part,” Gorowitz said. “It feels like we are continuing a legacy for future generations of Oak Park volleyball players to be proud of.”

The back-to-back champions have high hopes to have an undefeated record next season. 

“It was such a great season with a perfect ending,” junior Adam Noy said. “The championship was the greatest point in our season and can’t wait for next year.”