veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

veritas exquirere

A glimpse into the girls basketball season

Going into the winter season, girls varsity basketball is the team to keep track of for the upcoming season. 

Last year the team ended the season first in the Coastal Canyon League with a game record of 22-12. The team went all the way to the semifinals in the 2023 Division 5A CIF State girls basketball semifinals where they lost to Redondo Union – bringing their season to a close. 

The team’s preseason is currently underway, with their first tournament concluding on Nov. 19. 

“The biggest challenge I see for this season is our preseason schedule as we are set to play some of the best teams in California,” varsity co-captain Lindsay Gould wrote. “Potentially losing a majority of our preseason can be discouraging, yet the team knows that through those losses we will only come back stronger.” 

Players anticipate a strenuous season with the team being moved up from Division V to Division III. Captain Delaney White foresees a positive struggle for the team. 

“The challenge is really ourselves and making sure that we don’t get in our own heads,” White said. “We all know that our preseason is going to be tough at times but we know that we have to go through these tough times if we want to accomplish our goals.” 

Though the tough preseason has started off with wins and losses, the team’s dynamic is proving to be strong.

“I think our practices and our schedule makes us different. We practice every day in the gym, a few days on the track and usually two games a weekend,” varsity co-captain Ella Broms wrote. “We always practice at a high intensity so we’re ready for games. Our game schedule has also been very intense, we’ve been playing the top teams in all of California.”

On Dec. 15 the team takes on Oaks Christian at home, ending the preseason. Come cheer and support the girls basketball team to victory.