OPHS athletes of the week

The January athletes of the week

Week of 1/15

Ava Dermott, Varsity Girls Soccer

“Ava Dermott is a captain and offensive powerhouse on the team.  She scored 4 goals in our league opener against Simi totaling 13 for this season thus far.” coach Kathryn Klamecki stated. “She is dominant in the midfield and a huge threat on the field.  Most importantly, she is a great leader and teammate.”

Ava is committed to play D1 soccer at the University of California, Santa Barbara. This is Dermott’s fourth year of playing high school soccer and plays as a midfielder and forward. Averaging at least one goal and one assist each game, she leads the team to a 4-3 league record this season. 

Tyler Cash – Varsity Boys Soccer

“Tyler has had an excellent Pre-Season which has created success for the OPHS Boys Soccer team with a 6-1 record and its 2nd Kanan Cup victory,” coach Brandon Heidt stated. “Tyler leads the team with 9 goals and has also added 5 assists. His work rate, effort, and technical ability will continue to build towards another Coastal Canyon League title.”  

Tyler is also committed to play D1 soccer at the University of California, San Diego. He has played on the boys team for two years and in his final season he has a total of 16 goals and 12 assists. Overall, helping the Oak Park High School boys varsity team to a 5-1 league record.